Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Baby and the Poop



Good Morning all!  So I planned on taking Thursday down but I'm going to forfeit now.  My littlest one is still a little poop factory. I'm bummed that I can no longer blame it on the whole mango juice debacle.  It's been over 24 hrs and we are still pooping (the royal we). 

And how does the little man feel about this?  He seems just fine. He's in a good mood. He's running around. And, most importantly, he ate breakfast!  I fed him eggs.  I read in a wonderful book called Toddler 411 that eggs are good for the poops.  Btw, the pediatrician said to do the BRAT diet but I don't believe it. Goes back to the whole stubborn thing.

I do avoid triggers but I don't limit.  Call it what you will. I don't feel it's right to give my little poop machine apples, bananas, toast, and rice only.  He can't even eat apples.

So what would you do in my situation? It's 730am and we're already at 2 in the poop count, not counting the poop at 2am.  Would you do the BRAT diet?  Would you feed them something special?

I am giving him coconut water and floratil (something for a healthy intestine)

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I ever thought about your poo that much... changed it then forgot it. Just stay away from spicy food... I learned that the hard way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the diet for a couple of days, just to see if that was the problem. When I figured it wasn't, I had the lab analyse Isa's poop, also nothing, now we're trying to take the lactose out of her diet. It's getting a little better, but it's so limiting... But you know, if it's smth he ate, it'll pass in 24hs. If it's a virus, it won't go for a week, no matter what he eats, so I wouldnt give him chocolate,plums, oranges or papayas, but wouldnt mind him eating everything he wants to. My peds wasn't too picky about it, just said that eating well wasn't enough to replace what she lost in the diarreas, so I'm giving her Hidrafix or Pedialite every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not positive this is correct but you might want to hold off on coconut water, I've heard it can be a natural laxative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard both things about coconut water. He's finally firmed up. I've also heard it can be used like pedialyte and that it's not quite as good as pedialyte. Either way, I think it has passed, finally!!

    ReplyDelete

/>