Sunday, May 9, 2010

Life changing since becoming a Mom


In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted to write about one of the biggest changes I've experienced since becoming a Mother.  Oh I'm not going to get all corny on you...

I miss the sanctity of the bathroom.  You know, going in, sitting down, reading a good article, and basically getting business done. That's all gone down, well, the crapper since I've had kids. 

My last poo was spent in conversation with my preschooler. Of all the places to ask for my attention.   

It went kind of like this:

"Honey, go play.  Mommy is busy"

"But Mommy, I need to talk to you."

"Whaaaaaaaat do you neeeeed to talk to me aboouuut?"

"I don't know."

"What doooo you mean you don't know uggg?"

"What's for lunch?"

"gggggg, Mommy is in the middle of something"

"Let's go play"

Apparently Mommy isn't interesting unless she is on the phone, cooking dinner, or laying a... you get the idea.

I look forward to the days when I bust the bathroom door open and receive protests in my direction. Payback will be a bitch... Oh will it ever. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there! May you get your 5 minutes of peace and quiet to do with what you will.

1 comment:

  1. I still leave the bathroom door open expecting on of you

    ReplyDelete

/>