Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hey Gisele, shhhhhhhhh


I really try not to hate Gisele Bundchen. This struggle started when I was an insecure little thing starting college.  There she was, the epitome of woman, walking runways all over the world and staring life in the face. I was jealous.

I got over my hatred of the super duper model.  Took some time but as I grew into myself, I could appreciate someone elses beauty without comparing.

And then she had to go and have a baby.  Ok, the initial annoyance with her was of no fault of her own.  It was my bad, my issues.  And now you ask? It's so her fault!

I'm happy for her that she had such an easy labor.. But then to talk to the newspapers like, 'of course I did! It's only childbirth, you just hop into your tub and pop out a baby.'  I'm just waiting for her to say she really doesn't make much money modeling but shits gold.

We'll let that slide though.  It's a good thing that a famous woman is so open about natural birth. She is doing society a favor by pushing natural and/or vaginal births. I say natural and/or vaginal because it has been brought to my attention that they are different things... I'm going to choose to hold my tongue on that one for now.

So good for Gisele! She's beautiful, rich, and had an easy natural labor.  She must have led a good past life!  But she really pissed me off when she talked about pregnancy weight. Here's her quote:


I did kung fu up until two weeks before Benjamin was born, and yoga three days a week. I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals. I was mindful about what I ate, and I gained only 30 pounds.

I think I just threw up in my mouth. This is where I have to say Shut Up.  Pregnancy is not always simple. The last thing women need to do is worry about their weight. I'm not saying you should go and put on 40, 50, 60lbs. And she did put a healthy amount of weight on but the way she phrased it sucks.  The, I'm holier than thou, is hitting me in the face.  I have seen many woman worry about how much weight they are gaining in pregnancy enough that it could potentially hurt the baby.  Of course I've also seen the other side.

The point being, pregnancy weight is not about how you will look afterward. It's about gaining and eating well for the development of your baby!  I know a Vegan woman who stuck to her diet and gave birth to an over 9lb baby!  I ate a little bit of everything possible, gained 39 lbs, and had a 8lb 4 oz baby.  It's important what you eat. You should try to eat healthy but not because of the weight but because of the baby.  It's a balance between too much and too little, kind of like life.  It worries me that some poor girls out there are going to read Gisele's comments and stick to diets that are not in the best interest of their unborn child. 

Let's not even get into the difference of means. She stopped working to enjoy the special pregnancy period, had private exercise classes, and has pimp genetics!  Not pimp like you are my ho but pimp meaning awesome. I should have just said awesome...
 
Anyway, stop the woman on woman hate!  That also goes for Mommy on Mommy hate!  We have it hard enough, do we really need a millionaire supermodel telling us how to do pregnancy?  If I want to turn into a cow and then complain about it, that's my prerogative.  I did do it too, my second pregnancy.  I don't recommend it.  Gaining 49lbs is a bit much.

PS. Gisele, coming from a friend, shhhhhh. Just sit and look pretty. You come off like a bitch when you talk.

4 comments:

  1. Very well said!! (and of course I laughed out loud as I read your post, as I always do no matter what you write about!) Pregnancy is such a personal and intimate experience, while also being universal at the same time. It's unfortunate that she talked about a very personal experience (her own pregnancy) in a way that made others feel like sh*t. Hell I would have been annoyed with what she said even if I hadn't had a baby myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she makes the worst comments!!! she loves to emphasize how perfect she is!! annoying person , she is WAY overrated in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand Gisele and her self-righteous attitude nor do I care what she thinks either. She should just keep her mouth shut and let the camera snap away because that's all she's good for.

    ReplyDelete

/>