Friday, August 6, 2010

Rain: The perfect excuse


I was invited to meet up with a friend of mine at her boyfriend's place for some beers this evening. They will be continuing on to Lapa for a night of partying and she thought that I'd enjoy the pre-party. Sadly, I'm far past my all night Rio de Janeiro partying days.  I cringe at the thought of being out all night and coming home to a waking toddler. 

So I was thinking about it. I love meeting up with Ju and it's always nice to have a few beers.  I told her I'd call her after class.

I was still wishy washy when class was over.  Call me old, which I am even pre-30, but it was already 930pm and I am tired!  I do not consider that a good excuse though because, let's face it, I'm always tired. 

That being said, tired can always work for sex. Not that I'm looking for an excuse, but when you are beat, the last thing you want to do is ride a horse. All I'm saying...

Anyway, it had started to rain during class. Perfect!  It's always an acceptable excuse in Rio de Janeiro to not feel like going out in the rain. You have got to love that! If Ju were British I would have been popped right over to her shit list, but she's not!  Cariocas are made of sugar and sass, and we all know both melt in the rain. 

So I'm happy. I'm in my jammies by 10pm. I get to sleep to the sound of rain on the window and tin garage roof.  That last one is an acquired taste that I, in fact, acquired when they put up the damn tin roof.  Neither one of us is going anywhere so someone had to give. 

Goodnight Rio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

/>