Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oops


So a couple of friends decided to take me to lunch for my birthday yesterday. I got all dolled up and headed over to Ipanema to be a lady that lunches for a day.

Of course, since it´s my birthday, my friend opened some champagne to toast me before lunch.  Then once we arrive at lunch, the white wine flowed like water. A good time was had by all. 

Then 5pm rolled around and I had to remember I am a Mommy. I hopped into a cab to rush over to the school. Amazing how a couple of glasses of wine will make you forget the time.  But I was fine, I kept telling myself. 

And I was.  I had a light buzz going on but nothing irresponsible. 

I don´t know what happened the moment I entered the school but that light felt much heavier. I felt like a 16 year old that had just snuck off campus to smoke a cigarette during break. Omg, I couldn´t be buzzed at my kids´school! That´s just wrong! 

That´s when I remembered I live in Brazil. If it were the US, Child services would have been called and I would have to explain the whole, I just turned 30 and I swear I only had 2, maybe 3 glasses!  Then again, the school has wild monkeys running around. They show the kids and think it´s cute. In my country, Animal services would be called and those cute little things would be tasered and dragged away. 

So what have I learned? I´ve learned that Brazil is a much safer place for a celebrating Mom and cute wild animals.  Thank goodness for that!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, hilarious!

    At least you weren't late, remembered you did have children, and, presumably got home safely afterwards since you are here telling us about it. Sounds like good times and no harm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally got them home ok! I swear I walked off campus and felt better already ;)

    ReplyDelete

/>