Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A visit with an Ex - The US that is


I'm leaving the day after tomorrow. I am currently packing as much of the things as possible that I love about my culture, aka. ziplocks.

Seriously though, there's a separation each time I leave.  It's kind of like your first love.  I have a lot of history with this country.  Wow, we really go back far.  The things we've gone through together... Things I'll never share with another country.

We have a history.

As much as I know that it just doesn't work, after visiting my country, I get a bit nostalgic.  I mean, I know I used to get really annoyed. We argued a lot.  And the sex, well, in the end it was really bad.  Then again, how good can it ever be with an entire country.

There I go trying to see the positive.  No. I'm done. I don't live here anymore. I've been happier since we've separated. I'm a better person now.

But one more walk won't kill me.  And that's exactly what I did this evening. I put the kids to bed, took my parent's car, and I did my last American grocery store run. I needed dill seed, don't bother asking me why.

But once I got there, I left the car slowly.  I felt the warmth of my winter coat. I felt the cold of the wind on my cheeks.  I felt that little chill up my spine when the two finally combined.  Oh winter, you Minx.  It'll be a while before I see you again.

And then I came home.  I had my moment with my ex.  As lovely as it was to travel down that little lane, I'm staying with my man.  He's Hot, he's Latin, and nothing is covered in a winter coat! 

2 comments:

  1. I HOPE one day to be able to have this nostalgic experience as well. Living abroad ia a goal of mine. A long term one albeit and I hope I can make it happen BEFORE I start having to wear bifocals!

    Trying to look sexy when you have to whip out your bifocals to see the drink menu at the Salsa club would just be a little bit awkward for me I think..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Kristen and I am writing to you from the American television show "House Hunters International". I came across your blog and I thought I would get in touch and tell you a bit about our program and see if you might be interested in being on our show. Our crew will be in Brazil this spring and we'd love to film in Rio.

    House Hunters International tells the story of people who have picked up their lives and moved to foreign and exotic locations to pursue a new life. Being on our show is a lot of fun for our participants and a great way for them to document their exciting search for a home and new life abroad.

    We’re currently looking to cast people who have bought or are currently looking for a home abroad. If you fit this qualification or know anyone who does, I would love to tell you more about the project. You can contact me at househunterscasting@leopardfilms.com.

    Thank you in advance for your help.

    ReplyDelete

/>