Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Should I stay or should I go now


My Momma friends have planned an evening out at a wine bar.  I'm so very tempted to go but so very tempted to stay home.  For starters, I have a class tonight so I won't be able to leave until after 9pm. For those of you who don't have 2 kids under the age of 4, that's late to start your evening considering there's a chance you'll start the next day at 5am.

That aside, my 1 yr old is still dealing with his weaning process.  Off the prilosec, not the boob.  He's been waking up all night for the past 3 nights.  Of course I just realized that his super star Mother gave him agar agar before bed.  It's a natural jello.  It's supposed to sooth the tummy.  For those of you who don't know, like I didn't know until my genius self decided to actually read the label, it has 9 grams of fiber!  9! That's a lot for a big person. Imagine a little person. No gold star for Mommy.

So the delusional part of me likes to think that he'll sleep tonight because I didn't feed him the natural laxative jello.  Hell, the delusional part would like to think that because I really need sleep and would love a night out.

What to do?  I'm so exhausted that I'm one personality short of schizo.  On the other hand, we Mommas don't manage to get together all that often. It'd be really nice to see everyone without our ankle biters.  On that third hand of my new third personality, the little one could wake up and freak out on Dad and I'll have to rush home. I hate that and it does happen sometimes.  4th hand, third personality, it's a holiday tomorrow.

Uggggg

I do believe I'm going to vote for wine with the ladies, little sleep, abusing my husband by making him cover for my slightly drunk ass, and being exhausted for the first couple of hours in the morning. I usually get my second wind by 9am. Sad fact, 9am and second wind.

Screw it, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

/>