Friday, January 21, 2011

Guest Blogger: American in France


I'm a big fan of the blog Sara in Le Petit Village.  I feel more cultured just by reading her blog. Imagine if I actually got to live in Provence, France!  Well, I don't know if that would work. I maybe be too drunk off great wine to become cultured.  That or high off cheese. Hey, this is not helping convince me to stay away...

Anyway, she has so kindly allowed me to use her as a guest blogger!  Without further ado, your expat in the beautiful South of France, Sara in Le Petit Village:

inappropriate

The Husband went for his annual check up and he phoned me afterwords...
(We had a a bet to see if he has gained weight since I moved in; he did, 1kg)

He was happy to report that the doctor told him he was perfect (but as he said, she didn't check his brain), and then he told me that when he took his shirt off, the doctor said he had a nice body.

WHAT???

"She said what?" (in a much gentler tone)

"It's OK, she's like 55."

(Apparently The Husband is not familiar with the species known as, la cougar.)

"I don't care how old she is, that's not appropriate."

"It's OK. she was being nice, she asked if I played any sports."

(Try to picture the "it's OK" part being said with that southern French accent. For some of you this may be difficult, but for others, you know what I'm talking about, it's slightly sing-song, irritated, and occasionally followed by a huff and puff).

Since he clearly wasn't understanding, I had to I turn the tables on him and break it down like this...

"If I went for my physical and the 55 year old male doctor said I had a nice body, would that be OK?"


"It's inappropriate"

"Exactement"


bisou

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the doc did not tell your husband that during the "cough" part of the exam : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wrong Greg and yet, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mademoiselle - Me too, Mui tooooo (that's about all the French I know. aka. zero :)

    Simon - exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the opportunity Rachel! I'm looking forward to sharing a little bit of Brazil over in Le Petit Village! xo

    ReplyDelete

/>