I am really saddened by the Santa Teresa Bonde accident. For those who don't know, we have a trolley (bonde) in Rio that goes up to the artistic neighborhood of Santa Teresa. It was overloaded with passengers yesterday and crashed. The breaks went out for 20 meters and then the thing went flying.
I just keep thinking about the people who got on it. Some of them were probably going home, some just going on a ride on the trolley, others going up to Santa Teresa for lunch, and the tourists were striking another must-see item off of their Rio de Janeiro list.
Then I start to think doubly about the tourists. They are just here checking out the city. They don't have anyone to come visit them at the hospital and, quite possibly, hardly speak Portuguese. Waking up in a hospital at home is scary, now imagine waking up in serious condition in a Brazilian public hospital!
My thoughts to everyone who was on the trolley and their families.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.