Nothing shows you the difference in parenting other people have like keeping their children for a sleepover.
This weekend we have been the lucky keepers of Little Princess. Little Princess comes from a co-sleeping household. The only co-sleeping my kids get at this point is that period of time between them sneaking into my bed and the first time they kick me in their sleep.
I set up a bed in my boys' room. All three kids sleeping in one room means there was no way she could get lonely, right? Wrong.
The first "Rachel!" in the middle of the night was greeted with immediate cuddles until she fell back into Little Princess dreamland.
The second "Rachel!" was met with confusion as just 20 minutes before I had soothed her to sleep with my mad parenting skills.
A third and forth Rachel...
The fifth one was met with my normal middle of the night Mommy. "What do you need sweetie?"
She turned to me and said "Rachel, I just can't do this. I can't sleep this long. I have been sleeping forever."
It was 3am. There was far too much sanity and 4 yr old logic coming at me for that early in the morning.
I gave in and laid with her on the twin mattress, again, but this time to stay. She let out the cutest little sigh, patted my arm and went to sleep.
The force is strong in that one.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post on All Things Fadra's page.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.