Saturday, June 12, 2010

USA vs England



So today is the day!  Our first game and it's with England. I'm not too hopeful, then again, I am.  My British friend told me that the England team sucks this year.  My husband told me that the US team is pretty good (yeah yeah, I should know that on my own).

If I put those together: England team sucks + US team is pretty good = we have a chance!

Then comes problem number 2. We have another festa Junina party at 4pm. The game is at 3:30 here in Rio de Janeiro!  If we hadn't spent all morning inside, I'd say the kids could just play in the house. I think, in the interest of my family, I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the Festa Junina party.  I'm pretty sure there will be a tv somewhere in the Fluminense club to see the score.  This is Brazil after all.

More math: Brazil (more specifically Rio de Janeiro) + the World Cup = TVs everywhere playing ALL games, especially Brazil games.

Regardless, I'm going to raid my closet for red, white, and blue and wear flip flops so my fabulous American toe flags will be on display for all to see.  Will someone please remind me to bring US flags, shirts, etc for the World Cup in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

/>