Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Crowd Pleasing Recipe


I'm not claiming ownership of this recipe nor am I stating that there is any sort of nutritional value to it. I will tell you this though, you children will eat it! Hell, the large child we women call our husbands may eat it as well. Hell, it's fun.

And seeing that most things I make here in Brazil are from scratch (there are many pros and cons to that one), I am very excited when I find something easy to make on a Friday night as a treat. Ok, I'm totally lying there. I made it just last night for dinner at the request of my two little monkeys. What can I say? Mondays are a bitch, they ate AMAZINGLY well at lunch, and screw it.

So here is how you do it:

1. Chop up some raw defrosted hot dogs.
2. Get out some raw spaghetti pasta .
3. Feed the spaghetti through the raw pieces of hot dog. Think of it as making fake meat/unhealthy Shish kabobs. Of course if you were me you'd use either vitamin infused pasta or whole wheat. Just don't tell the kids you are ruining their crap by adding something good for them.
4. If you are particularly patient and have a lot of hot dogs to spare, have the kids help. My boys loved making these! FYI, you will lose 1/3 of the hot dogs in the "helping" process.
5. Put them in the pan and boil. It takes like 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy this quick, fun and cheap meal!





4 comments:

  1. How cool is that? Is there any vegetable you could think of to put in between the pieces of hot dog? Like OH! slices of carrot? You'd have to poke a hole in the middle of the carrot to put the spaghetti through, but it would be the same shape as the hotdog and cook in about the same time as the pasta. And I love gimmick food. Kids eat the hell out of gimmick food, don't they? High five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I am pinning this :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do y'all have decent hot dogs in Brazil? I can't find a hot dog that actually tastes like anything other than filler here.

    Although I bet this would work with some precooked chorizos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get your run of the mill hot dogs here, kind of like the cheaper ones at home.

    Oh no, no chorizos here :(

    Yay for pinning and carrots!

    ReplyDelete

/>