Friday, August 6, 2010

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong


So you all have been listening to me bitch about my kid's adaptation process at school.  I decided to go with the flow and it seems to be paying off!

Who'd have thought that a school who regularly adapts children into it's system would know more about it than I do?  I certainly didn't. 

In my defense, they adjusted their approach slightly because of my concern and, at the risk of jinxing myself, it's working. 

I left my kid alone for an entire hour today! I only came back because I wanted news.  To clarify coming back, I was sitting in the office so he wouldn't see me. Sounds boring but I got an entire hour to myself to read an American fashion magazine a friend just handed down to me. It was wonderful!  But they really do need to start serving cocktails in the school office.  At the very least, give a girl a coffee. 

Anyway, there was no crying.  Who'd have thought you could manage to adjust your kid to school without tears... except for my kids' school that is (and the majority of Carioca school for that matter).

I went back after an hour and then my husband came in to give me that last couple hours off. Gold star Daniel! 

Maybe I will be able to go to my Wednesday class without that I-left-my-sobbing-kid-at-school guilt.  Sweet!

Moral of the story,  I don't love the method or particularly recommend it but it does work!  Great for those parents who breastfeed until their kids are 27 years old and have them in a carrier until 30!  Not that I judge.

1 comment:

  1. So it is confirmed. I know nothing about this subject. Please excuse my earlier remarks.

    ReplyDelete

/>