Monday, November 22, 2010

Poland vs Rio: Round 1


Oh those Polish. Trying to be bigger than Brazilians.  Really, this is a Polish joke just waiting to happen.

So they have built their own Christ statue and it is bigger than the one in Rio de Janeiro. And by the way, it does not count if the French didn't give it to you.  All monuments in the form of human figures have to come from the French. I really couldn't tell you why but it's just how it's done. 

But in all seriousness, the Polish people have donated their hard earned cash to pay for this huge statue in the middle of nowhere.  It's a pilgrimage destination... I'm not sure about that last one.  I'd much rather pilgrimage my ass over to Rio to see a big old Christ. Then again, there's a lot less temptation in a Polish field than on a Rio de Janeiro Mountain. 

Here's the link to the report on BBC. This isn't the actual title but I do feel it's much better than theirs:

Poland vs Rio: Round one

No comments:

Post a Comment

/>