Friday, March 11, 2011

Chicken Recipe: It's what's for lunch


I thought I'd take a stab at posting a recipe. I feel it shows a little bit of my domestic side. Per magazines and photoshopping, I will only be showing my good side.


I found some chicken legs on sale at my local supermarket yesterday. I know what you are thinking, SCORE! Questionable chicken for dinner!  


Anyway, I like me quick and easy food. Nothing that will create stress and/or leave me trying to finish up with two children biting at my ankles.  I went to www.cooks.com and found what looks like a fast, tasty, and with ingredients I have in my kitchen.  It goes something like this:


6 chicken legs and thighs, skinned and trimmed of fat
Skim or low fat milk
1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
Vegetable oil spray
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes, crumbled
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper


Place chicken pieces in shallow bowl or pan; cover with milk. Let soak for 15 minutes or longer in refrigerator.
In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley flakes, and pepper. Dip soaked chicken pieces, one leg at a time, in breading mixture, coating on all sides. (As you can tell, I don't know how to follow directions. It's part of my charm)


Set the coated pieces on a greased baking surface, preferably non-stick. Lightly spray chicken with vegetable oil spray.
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Delicious and simple with the flavor of fried chicken, but without the calories.


Bom Apetite!

16 comments:

  1. Nice! Good for you for avoiding the deep fryer.

    You could chop some potatoes and onions in BIG pieces and scatter them on the cooking sheet (maybe with some garlic cloves as well) and let it all cook together. Yum. Chicken and roasted vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know everyone is going to think "sick". But I am going to subsitute the chicken for tofu. Even less calories. Although too much tofu is not good either. And then add in Jim´s veggie idea. Now I just need to figure how to get the husband to eat it.

    why are pomegranetes so expensive here? I would make a pomegranete green leaf salad and some kind of sauce. A hot side sauce, also using some pomegranetes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I started blogging again too...Food!
    Join me, it's a little lonely over here lol
    http://networkedblogs.com/followblog.php?name=the_gringa_kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina - the tofu here is 5x more expensive than the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find chicken to be the most inexpensive thing here. Of fish, depending on which kind... I like to shop protein sales ;)

    I want figs and blueberries at a decent price!

    TLC - going to check you out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great! And I should know because I ended up eating my boys' portions too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But I am veggie. So I can't do chicken. But there is a Japanese store in Campinas close to my work that sells tofu for 100 grams for 1 heal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh very sweet and tasty food I like this food I say thanks for the nice idea and instruction I love more than.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like this food. I will taste it then i will try to my home kitchen.
    thanks for the nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously my favorite quick and easy chicken recipe, my old college stand by. I did have to laugh that you dumbed it all in together... because I "don't follow directions well either"... come on who has time!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh love this recipe, the cheese is what sets it apart. I had to laugh because "I don't follow directions" the same way as you when making this...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was great! And I should know because I ended up eating my boys' portions too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find chicken to be the most inexpensive thing here. Of fish, depending on which kind... I like to shop protein sales...........thanks

    ReplyDelete

/>